It’s that time of year when a whole lot of big inter/national literary prizes are announced. Among the notable ones:
- The Man Booker Prize for Fiction (English-language fiction) went to Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- The German Book Prize (German fiction) went to Die Hauptstadt by Robert Menasse
- The prix Goncourt (French fiction) went to L’ordre du jour by Éric Vuillard (and is to be published next fall in the US, by Other Press)
- The prix Renaudot (French fiction) went to La Disparition de Josef Mengele by Olivier Guez
- The Nordic Council Literature Prize (Scandinavian fiction) went to Erindring om kærligheden by Kirsten Thorup
- The Premio Planeta (Spanish-language fiction) went to El fuego invisible by Javier Sierra
Meanwhile, the International DUBLIN Literary Award has just announced its enormous longlist for the 2018 prize — always an interesting overview of a lot of international literature recently published in English.